Yesterday, I connected my USB drive with the system to transfer the files. I was shocked to see that my pen drive was blank. I reconnected the device but faced the same issue. I have saved my important project work and I don’t want to lose it any cost. I don’t know what happened with my files. I am looking forward for the method to recover deleted files of USB drive. Please help me. All the suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.
What is USB Flash Drive?
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus Interface which is used to store data. It is an external device which can be easily connected with the PC. It is removable and re-writable in which you can store all types of files, folders, photos, documents, videos etc. It is available in various sizes from 1 GB to 256 GB. Users can select the size according to their need and requirement. But sometimes, it is seen that user fails to view their stored files on the USB drive. It may happen due to corruption or deletion of files. In such a circumstances, you will get lots of error messages on the screen which is extremely annoying.
How Files Gets Deleted or Corrupted from USB Drive?
There are lots of reasons which are responsible for corruption or deletion of the data from USB devices. Some of the important points has been mentioned below:-
- Unmounting the USB device improperly by ejecting it from the system.
- Invalid data in PBR (Partition Boot Record) and MBR (Master Boot Record).
- Presence of malware or virus in the system.
- Broken of circuit or NAND Gates.
- Due to broken stems or connectors.
- Ejecting the drive during file transfer process.
- Abrupt termination of the system.
- Dead drives or power failure.
Once the data of USB devices gets corrupted, it will start to display floods of error messages on the screen. The most common alerts which are mainly faced by the users has been given below:-
- E:/ is not accessible.
- The file or directory is corrupted or inaccessible.
- Please inset disk into removable devices.
- Do you want to format the removable drive?
- Undetectable USB Flash drive.
- An unknown error occurred while opening the flash drive.
How to Fix USB Drive Corruption Manually?
If your files has been damaged due to logical issues then you can fix it manually. Users can repair the file structure which can help you to use the USB devices again. In order to do so, we suggest you to follow the guidelines which has been given below:-
- Connect the USB device with the PC.
- Open My Computer and select the removable disk icon.
- Now, right click on the drive name and select Properties option.
- Go to the Tools tab.
- Click on “Check Now” button.
- You will find two check disks on the screen i.e. “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”.
- You need to check both the check boxes.
- Now, click on Start button to perform scanning for the lost files.
- After successful scanning, you need to click the close button and check for the lost files.
For Windows 10 Users:-
- Insert the USB device in your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on My Computer and choose Removable disk icon.
- Now, you need to right click on the icon and select Properties option.
- A dialog box will appear on the screen, you need to click on the Tools tab.
- Now, click on Rebuild option.
- You will find scanning progress on the screen. After completion, you can close the Window and eject the drive.
How to Fix Undetectable USB drive Error?
If you are getting error message which displays that “Undetectable USB Drive” then you need to follow the steps which are discussed below. It will help you to recognize the drive easily.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel option. Now, select Device Manager option.
- Search for Disk drive option and expand the list.
- You will detect a down arrow over your USB device. You should double click on the arrow and click on Enable device option.
- Click on Next button.
- Again click Next button.
- Finally, click on Finish option and re-insert the device to open the files.
Point to Remember: The manual step is quite complex and consumes more time. In fact, it does not guarantee that you will get your files back. If you will perform any mistake accidentally then it can result more dangerous for your files. Thus, it should not be followed by the non-technical users.
How to Recover Lost Files of USB Device Automatically?
If you are a novice user and unable to follow the aforesaid steps due to complex process then no need to panic. In such a case, we recommend the users to make use of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software- Professionals. It is a powerful tool which has been designed by the technical experts. This tool is capable to perform deep scanning in the system using its high level programming algorithms. After successful process, it will display the preview of all the detected files in a tree like structure. You can select your required files and click on Recover option. The best part of the tool is that it comes with user-friendly interface which can be used by the non-technical users also. Additionally, it comes with lots of advanced features which makes it the best recovery tool. You can check its working efficiency by downloading the trial version of the software but it has a limitation. It will not help you to save the recovered files. If you want to store the files then we suggest you to buy the full version of Windows Data Recovery Software. It will help you to restore all types of deleted, corrupted or severely damaged files from various locations. So, download the tool now.